Saturday, February 6, 2010

maddness

Okay, Phew! What a week/weekend.


First, let me apologize for my lack of entries this week. But it has been a crazy one.

I saw Abby road, Big Ben, Parliament, The Tower of London, The London Eye, Camden Town, and the Tate museum. I also went to the Vodka Ice Bar and my first (and probably only VIP guest list club.)

Let’s start with Abby road. First of all, there are a lot of misconceptions about Abby road. As the American tourist I fantasized about taking lots of cute pictures crossing the road with my flat mates. Here is the reality.


Abby Road is in fact, a road. A road that has enough traffic and enough speed to equal to that of an American highway. You take your life into your hands every time you attempt to cross. Defiantly no leisurely walking allowed on this road. Anything less than an Olympic pace will involve one of the three (I witnessed all of these while being there)

1.) Angry drivers picking up speed, aiming at you and beeping.

a. Side note* when a driver beeps in the UK this is the universal symbol of “I see you and I am prepared to hit you”

2.) Drivers flipping you the Bird as they narrowly miss hitting you.

a. Side note* They also threw things

3.) Drivers hitting you.

a. See picture for proof.

b.  <--That van.
Hit this Man-->

Despite all of this it was enjoyable for all. I really loved the wall in front of Abby House were people had written messages. I fell in love with a particular message. Andrew Zolot, wherever you are, I will marry you any day your ready.



Skipping ahead to the bar events of the weekend. Both involved almost losing my sanity.

The first was the Ice Bar. The London Vodka Ice Bar is this bar, in a basement of a building that is made entirely of ice. Very expensive, very classy it is the type of thing you do once, only to say you did it. The ice bar was an event we were doing to celebrate a 21st birthday. Abby, who lives in our flat, is the cutest nicest girl from Transylvania College who had planned everything and scheduled the affair for 12:30 the night of her birthday. She wanted to say she brought in her 21st B-day, in London, in an Ice bar. Everyone in our apartment building was invited, so the 20 of us all got there by our own means planning to meet Abby there. However to the shock and horror to the group Abby was not at the Ice Bar, and was not picking up her phone. Insert massive panic and chaos here. Everyone freaks out. Abby is basically the mom of the group and is EXTREMLY PUNCTUAL. Add on top of this, the Ice Bar personnel where not very impressed with our large group or our lack of leader. To make a long story short, Abby had forgotten her ID went back home without her group not wanting to slow anyone up and got lost. She showed up 15 minutes later and we all made it into the ice bar and had a grand time, (just for a little less time than expected.)






Abby, Me, and my rommie Julie.


 
I will save the last bar tale for my next entry but here is a little teaser, I ended the weekend with the craziest night of my life.

Ha.

True.





Miss ya p ville. Xoxox becca.

2 comments:

  1. i better not have to wait another week for the next update.

    love youuuuu

    ReplyDelete
  2. i thought you should know that i enjoyed the post and all the pics. i even stole the andrew zolot one and posted it on my wall. hehe loving beltup girl.

    ReplyDelete